Primary Years Programme (PYP)
- centres on learners
- develops effective approaches to teaching and learning
- works within global contexts, helping students understand different languages and cultures
- explores significant content, developing disciplinary and interdisciplinary understanding that meets rigorous international standards.
- Provision of high quality programmes of education, which support development of knowledgeable and inquiring students
- Professional development that supports effective educators and collaborative professional learning communities
- A worldwide network of highly respected IB World Schools, working together to share best practice.
Download the Primary Student Parent Handbook for more information about our practices and expectations at SIS. If you have questions that are not addressed in this handbook, please do not hesitate to talk to us. Please consult with the classroom teacher(s) for matters related to curriculum, assessment and issues related to learning. For other matters, please do not hesitate to contact the school office.
Shekou International School is a candidate school* for the PYP. This school is pursuing authorization as an IB World School. IB World Schools share a common philosophy- a commitment to high-quality, challenging, international education- that we believe is important for our students.
* Only schools authorized by the IB Organization can offer any of its four academic programmes: the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), the Diploma Programme (DP), or the Career-related Programme (CP). Candidate status gives no guarantee that authorization will be granted.
For further information about the IB and its programmes visit http://www.ibo.org. For more information on our current Program of Inquiry from Nursery to Grade 5 please click here.
To schedule a meeting or to discuss the Primary school curriculum in more detail, please contact our PYP Coordinator, Alice Cheung, at email@example.com.