The SIS Libraries serve our entire community. We provide welcoming spaces and a variety of resources for reading, research, and sparking curiosity. We aim to foster a love of reading, a desire to learn, and a commitment to intercultural awareness.
We value reading in all its forms.
- Our collections should reflect our community
- Reading for pleasure and information are keys to life-long learning
- Reading is Reading: print, audiobooks, e-books, and graphic novels all provide valuable reading experiences
- Patrons should have the freedom to choose their own pleasure reading materials
We value inquiry in learning & teaching.
- Fostering curiosity about the world promotes international mindedness
- Collaboration drives innovation
- Providing a variety of resources provokes inquiry
- Inquiry based in personal interests leads to deep learning
- Effective researchers are principled, critical thinkers
- Information should be collected, used, and shared ethically
- Co-teaching information literacy skills within units of inquiry facilitates school-wide implementation
- Partnerships between teachers and librarians enhance dynamic curriculum development
We value our global community and context.
- Inclusive service creates a welcoming atmosphere for all community members
- Offering resources in many languages reflects the diversity of our world
- An inclusive, diverse collection nurtures identity, empathy, and intercultural awareness