Chinese Bilingual Programme

Dr.Amanda Blankenship 

First Grade Homeroom Teacher in CBP

I see the addition of the CBP as an opportunity to grow as an educator, which allows me to highlight my expertise in areas as a homeroom teacher and an EAL teacher, but most importantly to be part of something new at SIS. 

Rebecca Doige

Second Grade Homeroom Teacher in CBP

Using trans-languaging, which accesses concepts using a child’s home language while learning academic vocabulary in their target language, focusing on language learning rather re-teaching a concept they already know.

Venus He

CBP Coordinator

 我毕业于北京师范大学和香港大学。硕士期间,我研修的是教授中文作为第二语言的专业。 在回到中国前,我在葡萄牙和香港都有多年的教学和课程体系设计的经验。我非常期待加入深圳市蛇口外籍人员子女学校和中文双语项目团队。

CBP PROGRAMME OF INQUIRY EN                                 CBP PROGRAMME OF INQUIRY CN

Shekou International School (SIS) is pleased to announce the introduction of the Chinese Bilingual Programme for the 22-23 school year in grades 1 to 5. The Chinese Bilingual Programme is for families looking for a balanced Mandarin/English bilingual programme.  

Students in the Chinese Bilingual Programme (CBP) will spend 40% of their instruction time in Mandarin while the other 60% will be in English. Students from all programs will be part of the PYP which includes assemblies, field trips, grade level provocations as well as recess and the Co-Curricular programme. 

Under the PYP framework, Chinese language & Literature will follow the national curriculum and use the same textbooks that are used in Chinese public schools. 

From the bilingual educational environment in CBP, students can:  

  • Develop critical thinking skills in both languages to become better problem solvers.  

  • Improve future career prospects.  

  • Connect with people from different cultures and backgrounds effectively.  

  • Become better communicators.  

  • Enrich life experiences and cultivate creativity.  

  • Handle tasks more flexibly. 

Register for an Open Day to learn more.

深圳市蛇口外籍人员子女学校 (SIS) 很高兴为各位家长介绍我们的中文双语项目。此中文双语项目将于22-23学年正式开放,接纳小学一至五年级的学生,此项目的设计初心是为了给那些正在寻找能兼顾中英文项目的家庭们一个更好更专业的选择。 

SIS中文双语项目旨在提升学生的多语言学术能力以及熟练运用中英文读写的能力。项目是基于学生的个性化需求和学校的特色教学环境精心设计而成,课程以40%的中文辅导时间和60%英文学习时间组成,为学生营造沉浸式的双语学习体验。在SIS的国际化和多元化的学生群体的支持下,参与本项目的学生们还能加入学校独有的社群环境,享受与来自40多个不同国家的学生们一起学习,课间玩耍和外出考察旅行的乐趣。 

同时在PYP教学理念的支持下,项目内的中文和文学课程会融合中国国内课程体系并使用公立学校教学中用到的中文教材,确保学生接收到更全面的双语教育。

在SIS中文双语项目的环境中学习,学生可以: 

  • 培养用两种语言辩证思考的能力,从而成为一个更好的问题解决者。 

  • 提升未来的就业前景。 

  • 有效的与来自不同文化和背景的人建立沟通联系。 

  • 成为更好的沟通者。 

  • 丰富校内外生活体验以及培养创造力。 

  • 更灵活的处理多样任务。 

报名线上开放日了解更多信息。