Scope of Responsibility:
The Facilities Supervisor is responsible for managing for all aspects of the facilities, grounds and equipment assets of Shekou International School.
The Facilities Supervisor oversees the school’s maintenance and facilities staff and coordinates management of these staff with the FSS Manager, the Principals of Primary and Secondary, and the Deputy Head of School.
The Facilities Supervisor works to high operational and ethical standards with respect to the standards of appearance and functionality of school facilities, grounds and equipment as well as the quality of work performed for maintenance, repairs and installations at the school. Overall, the Facilities Supervisor is responsible for effective use of resources in support of the school’s educational objectives.
The Facilities Supervisor will inform and lead the school’s processes in regular preventative maintenance scheduling and providing timely responsiveness to facility and property incidents.
The Facilities Supervisor will work collaboratively with the FSS Manager on interactions with external agencies, businesses, contractors, and vendors.
- ensure the continuing availability and security of spaces, facilities, utilities, site services and equipment;
- undertake long term maintenance planning for large asset items;
- ensure, through a regular and intense daily & weekly schedule of inspections, that the appearance, hygiene and cleanliness, security and functional performance of spaces, facilities, utilities, site services and equipment meet SIS and China standards;
- supervise closely the daily work of SIS workers and outsourced-contracted workers including facilities assistants, technicians, handymen, cleaners and guards to ensure that their workmanship and execution of tasks is of the acceptable standards for SIS and in line with their contractual obligations and, where standards are not being met, instruct and demonstrate steps for improvements in order to meet acceptable standards;
- manage the purchase and repair of all furniture, fittings, tools and equipment and related supplies;
- assist the FSS Manager in performance management, appraisal and job-related training for SIS-employed facilities assistants, technicians, handymen, cleaners, and guards;
- assist the FSS Manager in the process of identifying and managing renovation and construction projects;
- recommend and participate in contract renewals of service suppliers such as caterers, cleaners, guard force and maintenance crew;
- perform other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Attributes:
- experience in the field of business, operations, safety, or security management, preferably in an expatriate company and/or international school;
- minimum of trades certification related to the responsibilities of this position;
- competence in the use of IT including Windows and MS Office Suite;
- proficiency, oral and written, in Chinese and English language;